The Northshore STEM Coalition is a member of the national STEM Learning Ecosystem network and was formed out of the rapid growth of the Tangi STEM Coalition, which was launched in 2017 by a collective of stakeholders dedicated improving STEM education opportunities in the region.
We envision a Northshore Region that is well equipped to meet current and future workforce demands and exists as a leader in science and innovation.
Our Mission: To prepare all youth and young adults in the Northshore region for success by facilitating inclusive and quality STEM education and workforce development opportunities.
To accomplish this, we endeavor to:
- Inspire families to pursue opportunities in STEM through ongoing support and access to resources
- Empower parents and caregivers to prioritize STEM learning
- Create community STEM events at no/low cost to families
- Build community awareness & participation in STEM education opportunities offered by coalition partners throughout the Northshore area
- Be inclusive and promote opportunities to children and young adults of all ages.
- Promote STEM-oriented integrative and experiential learning activities starting in early childhood and extending through adulthood.
- Support a well-developed STEM workforce pipeline from early childhood through adulthood
- Align out-of-school STEM programs to enhance in-school learning
- Connect youth to out-of-school STEM programs and resources by increasing availability and accessibility.
- Connect STEM concepts and skills to real world applications
- Build community-workforce relationships in STEM
- Build partnerships among community stakeholders including local governments, non-profits, schools, and businesses to expand opportunities and access to resources
- Leverage grants and other resources to support and expand STEM Ed opportunities
- Create a clear set of metrics to measure the impact of the coalition’s work.